Sunday, March 31, 2013

Fun Kid Friendly Easter Egg Cake Pops


Happy Easter everyone! So I know that I'm a little late with this post, but I didn't want to make the pops too far in advance. I ended up doing these yesterday and wanted to have the blog up yesterday too, but I didn't have enough time. You guys will just have to save this project up for next Easter! 

The idea for these pops struck me when I saw all the cute mini plastic eggs at the store. It also occurred to me that we all tend to get carried away doing lavish and ornately beautiful cake pops which never seem like they would be something a kid could easily help with. So these pops are both cute and kid friendly. 


To make these you'll need:
  • All the basic cake pop ingredients. I used this chocolate cake and frosting recipe. It made about 45 cake pops.
  • Mini plastic eggs.
  • I only needed 2 bags of candy melts. If you want to lots of different colors, then you'd probably only need about half a bag of melts. 
  • An assortments of sprinkles.
  • Small treat bags and thin ribbon
By now most of you know how to make cake pops with your eyes closed, but if you're new to the party then head on over to Bakerella's original tutorial. But instead of shaping the eggs by hand, you use the mini plastic eggs! If you've got a lot of kids over the job will be done in no time. To shape them, I took a clump of cake about the size of the eggs, shoved it in there and squeezed out all the excess. This does make things a bit messy because all the buttery goodness gets all over the eggs, but I'm sure the kids will have a lot of fun!


Before you start dipping the pops, set up a table with all the sprinkles poured out into bowls for the kids. You do the dipping and hand the pops over to the kids for decorating and let them get crazy. The sprinkles guarantee that each pop will be beautiful and I know that the kids will come up with some unique sprinkle combinations! 

As a side note I decorated all my pops myself. My sisters weren't really up for helping >_<

I thought these little flower sprinkles were very easter.

The pops were for an Easter party, so I wrapped them up in mini treat bags and tied them with pastel colored ribbons.

Using the eggs made the cake go very far. So make sure you enlist a couple of kids to make the work faster and more fun.

That's all for this week! Hope you all had a lovely Easter! Happy crafting and baking! ♥  

0 comments:

Post a Comment